Motorola Moto G40 Fusion Review: Motorla is one of my favorite phone brand that i have used in my life. Can you beleive, its user experience is far better than so called premium phones like Xiaom, Realme, iQOO, etc. Recently, they introduced another budget smartphone on the market, named the Motorola Moto G40 Fusion! That’s a really powerful device, including one of the best photography features!
Its design looks the same as the Motorola Moto G60 phone. The backside has a fingerprint sensor, triple camera setup, and punch-hole cutout for selfies. It looks almost like the Moto G60 Mobile.
Today, in this post, we are going to review Motorola’s Moto G40 Fusion phone, as well we shared its Pros And Cons facts that may help you to make the right decision.
Motorola Moto G40 Fusion Review
The company introduced the Moto G40 Fusion mobile on 1st May 2021. It was announced on 20th April 2021. The company has brought such great features to this budget device.
Its build quality is really powerful. While we drop it from up to 2-meter height, the phone looks the same as new, with no scratches and no manufacturing defects.
Design And Build Quality
Motorola has decided to go with something like providing powerful features including the interesting camera efficiency in the phone so that the phone looks bulky. Its weight we measured was 225g and its thickness is up to 9.7mm.
You can find its selfie camera on the middle-top of the display. There is a punch-hole cutout to place a selfie camera. The rear side has a rectangular shape, for its triple rear camera setup. Along with this, the company has placed the brand logo, inside the fingerprint sensor.
Its build quality and design are perfect. Should be better, if the thickness will around 8nm and the weight will be under 200 grams.
Motorola Moto G40 Fusion equips a 6.8-inch IPS LCD display, the same as the Moto G60 Phone. Its resolution is set at 1080 x 2460 pixels so that you can play Full HD+ videos and games without any heavy lags and scratches.
The company has featured a 120Hz refresh rate in the Moto G40 Fusion display, which can make the gaming experience amazing. It supports HDR10 which creates an amazing color efficiency. It helps to capture video perfectly.
Processor And Os
The phone is running on the latest Android 11 Operating System. This is one of the advantages. This time, the company has decided to feature Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G processor in the Moto G40 Fusion phone. The processor is built-in with 8nm processes.
For better graphics processing, it is paired with Adreno 618 GPU. As for the CPU, the company has provided an octa-core CPU in this processor. 2-Cores of Kryo 470 Gold with a max clock speed of 2.3 GHz and 6-Cores of Kryo 470 Silver with a max speed of 1.8 GHz.
So overall processor and Os efficiency are best in this range. You can play PUBG and COD at a low setting without any heavy lags.
It is now moving to the camera. The company provides a triple rear camera setup on the back panel. The setup is placed inside a rectangular shape. It features a 64Mp wide camera, an 8Mp ultra-wide camera, and a 2Mp depth sensor. The Macro Sensor is unavailable on this phone.
This rear camera setup can shoot 4K video at 30 to 120FPS, as well you can capture 1080p video up to 240FPS. There is such an amazing camera setup. If you are looking for a camera phone, then this phone will be your true partner.
Coming to the front camera, there is a punch-hole cutout on the middle-top of the display, which placed a 16Mp camera for making video calls and shooting front-facing vlogs.
It also supports HDR mode, even you can shoot 4K video at 30FPS. If you love to shoot 60 FPS videos, then you can switch it from 4K to 1080p to shoot 60 FPS videos.
Sounds And Multimedia
Motorola Moto G40 Fusion features a loudspeaker paired with a 3.5mm port. It helps to listen to noiseless music with earphones and headphones.
There are also Radio features to get news and music. The company has featured Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth V5.0, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0 for power connections.
For security reasons, there is a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. It works well and rears the right fingerprints easily.
Battery And Charging
Motorola Moto G40 Fusion has brought a Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable massive battery capacity. To charge this fastly, the company has sent a 20W fast charger in the new pack that also supports Quick Charge 4.
As advertised, the charger can charge this phone from 0 to 100% in just 59 minutes. Overall there is an amazing and powerful battery capacity.
Motorola Moto G40 Fusion Pros & Cons
As we considered its full specifications and features, now time to get its pros and Cons facts. Here we mentioned its advantages and disadvantages that will help you to know the right things.
- Featured 6.8-inch Full HD+ display. Best display for gaming, video editing, and watching videos.
- Its 120hz refresh rate creates an amazing user experience. It makes the transition smoother, even in gaming also.
- There is the latest Android Operating System.
- The company has provided a Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G processor. This is an ideal processor for gaming and multitasking.
- There are two configurations with massive storage efficiency. It features 64GB of storage paired with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage paired with 6GB of RAM.
- Its 64Mp main rear camera can shoot 4K video at 60FPS, even 120FPS.
- Its 16Mp front camera can shoot also 4k video at 30FPS, and 1080p video can shoot up to 120FPS.
- The phone has featured a 3.5mm jack for connecting with earphones and headphones.
- Its Bluetooth V5.0 connects perfectly. If you want to enjoy a Bluetooth speaker, you can connect it perfectly in the 10m range.
- There is a massive 6000mAh powerful battery capacity for longer gaming playback.
- The company has sent a 20W fast charger to charge this device fastly.
- The company has decided to send a USB Type-C 2.0 cable for trouble-free charging.
- There is a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor on the back panel of the phone.
- The phone’s design is water-repellent. It helps to save your phone from water.
- The phone’s weight measured 225g, which is too bulky, should be around 200g
- The phone is 9.7mm thick, which is high. An ideal thickness of a phone is 8nm
- Moto G40 Fusion is built-in with a plastic frame and body. The back panel should be a glass finish, it looks really amazing.
- The company has provided an IPS LCD display, which should be an AMOLED display. it consumes a battery less than an IPS LCD Display.
- Moto G40 Fusion features Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 732G chipset, which should be up to 750 processors, as other brands feature it at less price.
- The company has provided a 64Mp main camera on the rear side, which should be better than this.
- The front side has only a 16Mp camera, which should be up to a 20Mp camera.
- The phone features Bluetooth V5.0, which should be V5.2 as other smartphone brands feature less range.
- There is a 20W charger to charge it 6000mAh powerful battery, but it is not enough and should be up to a 30W charger.
- There are no IPX rating protections. It helps to protect your phone from Water and Dust, but unfortunately, it isn’t available on this phone.
- Is Moto G40 Fusion Worth Buying?
- In my case, this is one of my favorite smartphone brands. If you are looking for a camera phone with a low budget, then you have to go with this phone, because its rear camera setup allows you to shoot 4K recording up to 120FPS As well you can shoot 1080p video up to 240FPS.
- With the help, you can create amazing videos for your social media handles or youtube channel. The FPS makes video texture smoother, which increases the user experience.
- If you are looking for a competitive gaming phone, then you have to make distance with this phone, because its Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G processor can’t handle your heavy gaming settings. You can play PUBG, BGMI, or COD games at low settings without any heavy lags.
Is Moto G40 Fusion a good phone?
Yes, The Moto G40 Fusion is a good phone, if you have no problem with competitive gaming. It can’t provide you a competition level gaming performances
Is Motorola G40 fusion 5G good?
Yes, It will feature the support of 5G connectivity and other exciting features that you like.
Is Moto G40 waterproof?
No, but its design works like waterproofing! Its design stops dust and water to enter the phone