Maybe sometimes you hear about the IP Rating protections when you going to buy any digital devices and watch reviews about the phones. Do you know, That IP Rating protection is very important for any device?
Basically, in this post, we have concerned about What Is IP ratings In smartphones? How Does It Work? Why it should be available to your devices.
What Is IP Rating In Smartphone?
IP Rating is known as Ingress Protection in the full name. Basically, this is a protective layer that resists your device from dust and water drops. Many times we are in an open space and there is more dust which can cause problems inside our devices.
Sometimes we get caught in the rain with the phone or accidentally take a free shower, or mistakenly drop water on our phones, which can also cause problems in phones.
So, experts solute this problem with IP Rating protections. If the protection is implemented in any device, there are very few chances that water or dust enters the device.
This is how our phone stays safe with the help of IP Rating! So if you are going to buy the phone, see if your phone has IP Rating protections or not. There are a lot of IP Rating protections and Everyone has different benefits and disadvantages also.
How does IP Rating work?
An IP Rating is consistent with two digits (for example IP68 Rating, IP67 Rating, etc) and both numbers have their own protection levels. The first digit of the IP Rating protects the electronic device from Solid. And the second number shows the protection from liquid such as water.
1st Digit Value And Logic
The first digit of IP Rating shows protection from Solid, This number can be 0 to 6 levels maximum, and this protection against solid increases from low to high.
- If there are numbers 0, it means the device has not any protection from solid.
- If there is number 1, which means your device is protected with any large part of the body such as the Hand from a solid object greater than 50mm in diameter.
- Level 2 protects the device from the solid which is not greater than 80mm in length and 12mm in diameter, such as our finger
- Rating protection level 3, protect device from such tools and similar gadgets with a 2.5mm diameter or more.
- The rating protection level no 4 protects devices that are bigger than 1mm,
- Level 5 protects against dust which may harm any electronic gadgets,
- and protection level 6 exhibits that, the device is completely protected from any type of solid, dust, and similar things.
IP Rating 2nd Digit
The 2nd digit or IP Rating shows the protection from Liquid, This 2nd cumber can be 0 to 8, and protection increases from low to high.
- Protection level 0, means the device hasn’t any special protections against liquid.
- Protection level 1, means the device is safe from condensation and dripping water.
- protection level no 2, means the device is protected against water droplets deflected up to 15° from vertical.
- Protection level 3 protects the panel or device from spray up to 60° from vertical.
- Protection level 4 protects against water spray from any direction.
- Protectin level 5 protects the device from low-pressure water jets from any direction.
- Protection level 6 means, the device or panel is protected from strong jets and waves.
- Protectin level 7 allows the device temporary immersion in water or liquid.
- and Finally, protection level 8 allows the device a prolonged effect of immersion under high-pressure waters.
Kind of IP Rating Protections!
There are kinds of IP Rating protections and the most important are described here.
1. IP66 Rating
IP66 rating protects your phone fully from dust and water. It can Protect from high-pressure water jets from any direction. this rating protection is common and mostly used rating protection.
2. IP67 Rating
If your device is protected with IP67 Ratings, then your device is safe It is Protected from total dust ingress, and Protected from immersion between 15 centimeters and 1 meter in depth.
3. IP68 Rating
If your phone features IP68 Rating then You can be careless Because these protections protect your device in every way. IP68 Rating Protection can protect your device from dust, water, or liquid And can remain safe for up to half an hour even underwater around 1.5meters depth
4. IP69k Rating
If your devices implemented this rating then your device is fully protected from dust and water and it is also Protected from steam-jet cleaning.
Here is also up to 50 kinds of rating protections, so if you want to check more kind of IP Rating protections, check from here.
So guy’s! I hope you understand what is IP Rating Protections In Smartphones and how it works actually. If you like this post, then you can share it with your friends or in your circle.