Samsung has launched another cheap-budget personal phone on February 21, 2021, named Galaxy A01. After a long gap, we provide here the Samsung Galaxy A01 after a long session of use, even we matched the public reviews and we got some good and bad things on the devices So that’s why we are going to review the Galaxy A01.
This phone was introduced at an event in Feb 2021. This phone can get 3 years of software updates, so at this time, this phone is in good condition and works well as my phone. One of my friends bought it and they’ve also shared their opinion on it. So, I hope this post will help you if you are looking for a cheap, budget, and decent phone.
Samsung Galaxy A01 Review
The Samsung Galaxy A01 comes with an octa-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 which is built-in with 12nm processes. As manufactured, the CPU is built-in with a max clock speed of 1.9GHz on the Cortex-A53 panel.
So, this good setup can handle heavy games and apps, even it can be used for multipurpose like video calling, watching videos or movies, enjoying music, and many other things.
Display & Build Quality
|720 x 1520 pixels
The company has put the standard phone design at this time. The backside has a simple verticle pill-shaped cutout to place a dual-camera setup and an LED flashlight. On the same line at the bottom is a speaker to listen to music. The front has a drop-notch cutout to place a front-camera setup.
There is a 5.7-inch big display on the front side. This display supports full HD+ resolution at 720 x 1520 pixels You can find some little thick edges on the bottom. The right side has a power button and the left side has a volume-rocker setup. Overall this setup is good for the budget.
As for the optics, the company has provided a dual-camera setup on the backside including a 13Mp wide camera and a 2Mp depth sensor. This camera setup can capture Full HD+ video and photos at 30FPS. Its brighter LED Flashlight will help you capture good-quality photos at night.
The front camera is efficient in shooting HD photos, unfortunately, you can’t shoot videos from the front camera. This 5Mp front camera can shoot wide-range shots. Overall, according to the price value, this is a really good setup provided by the company.
Os & Processor
Currently, this phone is running on the Android 10 operating system which is upgradable to Android 11 based on One UI 3.0 skin. The Samsung Galaxy A01 is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor which is built on 12nm processes.
The CPU includes 4 cores of Cortex-A53 with a max speed of 1.95 GHz and 4 cores of Cortex-A53 with a max clock speed of 1.45 GHz. To better graphics rendering, the company has featured an Adreno 505 GPU. Overall this is a good processor at this range but should be better if the company may include a Snapdragon 660 processor.
As for the power supply, the company has included a Li-Ion 3000 mAh, non-removable battery inside the phone. Unfortunately, the company has not provided the charger to charge it. You have to buy an Adapter charger to charge it.
As well, you can connect your phone to the charger using a USB Type-C cable. There has been a 3.5m, jack port to connect your earphone to the phone.
The company has provided a 3.5mm jack port paired with a loudspeaker to enjoy noise-free music and videos. YOu can use a WiFi network and the Bluetooth connection in this phone is a 10m powerful range.
As for the sensors, they’ve provided an Accelerometer and proximity sensor in the phone for more grateful features and customer experiences.
|4.2, A2DP, LE
Samsung Galaxy A01 Pros And Cons
The phone has brought such good features according to the value, but we found some specs that should be better. Find below the pros and cons fact at the Galaxy A01 Review
- Good 5.7-inch display to watch videos perfectly
- 40Hz screen refresh rate with transition effects
- Big Size display that will help you to play heavy games smoothly
- Running on Android 10 which is upgradable to Android 11 Os
- Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439, Octa-Core Processor
- Configured with 2GB RAM paired with 16GB storage and 32GB storage
- A reliable 13MP rear camera has been placed on the rear side
- 5Mp front camera shoots well
- 3.5mm jack will help you to enjoy the music
- the 3000mAh powerful battery capacity will allow one to use it for longer sessions
- Has a dedicated card slot, which means you can use a dual-sim card and a micro SD card at the same time.
- The display is an IPS LCD Display, would be better if the company provided an AMOLED Panel instead of it.
- The display isn’t protected with any IPX Rating protections.
- There is a dual-camera setup, which should be better if The company includes at least a triple setup on the back
- This phone features micro USB 2.0 which is not enough in this generation, should be microUSB 3.0
- The company hasn’t included NFC features either.
Samsung Galaxy A01 Price
As for the pricing, both of the configurations have different rates. The 2GB RAM+16GB Storage configuration is priced at $149 (approx Rs11088) and the 2GB RAM+32GB Storage variant is priced at $160 (approx Rs 11907)
Amazon has allowed you to buy it at 33% instant discounts if you have a credit card then you can grab instant 20$ cashback at the right time.