Hey there! Xiaomi launched an excellent phone called Redmi 12 5G which equips a new Snapdragon 4 Gen2 Chipset & immersive high refresh rate display that gives fantastic user experiences.
The most highlighted point of this phone is its amazing performance! This phone is considered a 90Hz display with 550 nits peak brightness, Snapdragon 4 Gen2 chipset based on 4nm build processes, 50Mp dual camera, and 5000mAh massive battery capacity.
These are all features you can’t find in other under 15000 budget phones but Xiaomi has done this time. So Today we will give you my review of the Xiaomi Redmi 12 5G mobile
Redmi 12 5G Specifications
|Redmi 12 5G
|August 4, 2023
|6.64 x 3.00 x 0.32 in
|1080 x 2460 pixels
|Corning Gorilla Glass
|Android 13 (upgradable)
|Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 (4 nm)
|2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 Cortex-A55
|4GB RAM+128GB Storage,
6GB RAM+128GB Storage,
6GB RAM+256GB Storage
|Shared Card Slot
|compass Virtual, proximity sensing
|Jade Black, Pastel Blue, Moonstone Silver
Redmi 12 5G Review with Pros & Cons
Here’s the editor’s review of Redmi 12 5G Mobile which is considered the most affordable high-performance phone in the market. We caught so much insider news from kinds of sources and then we have shared my review on this phone check below.
Display & Build Quality
The Redmi 12 5G is one of the best & affordable phones as per the specs and its premium design. it is built with a plastic frame and plastic back panel while the front side has an IPS LCD where you can find a punch-home cutout on the top-middle of the display.
The back side has a triple circle cutout where place dual 50Mp+2Mp cameras and Flashlights are inside the cutouts.
The right side holds a power button and volume rocker and at the bottom, you can find a loudspeaker and a USB Type-C charging port.
The Redmi 12 5G equips a 6.79-inch larger IPS LCD which gives you a fast 90Hz refresh rate. It is fully optimized you might feel the unavailability of 120hz refresh rate experiences.
This display contains 1080 x 2460 pixels resolutions and gives you up to 550nits peak brightness which is awesome for gamers and movie lovers.
As for the performance, the Redmi 12 5G comes with Android 13-based optimized MIUI 13 UI skin which gives you incredible awareness, security, and user experiences.
The Redmi 12 5G also equips an octa-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen2 Chipset which is a 5 G-supported CPU that also gives you support of 5G connectivity.
This chipset is made with octa-core processes and places respectively 2 cores of Cortex-A78 with a clock speed of 2.2GHz while the other 6 Cortex-A55 give you a 2.0GHz max clock speed.
It also contains an Adreno 613 for Graphis optimization so you can run normal applications and play lite games also, even you can do your official work on this.
As for the camera efficiency, the phone has a dual camera setup on the back side including a 50Mp wide lens with f/1.8 and a 2Mp depth sensor at f/2.4. You miss the quad-camera setup in this phone but believe me! This camera setup is well optimized and able to shoot great photos and videos as we compared its direct competition Vivo T2X Phone.
Now coming to the front camera setup. You can find a punch-hole cutout on the front side where the company has placed an 8Mp wide camera focused at f/2.0.
Both camera setup allows you to shoot with HDR & 1080p video recording which are great features considered by the company.
RAM & Storage
This time company has gone with the mid-range budget phone so that’s why Redmi 12 5G has confirmed in minimum of 4GB RAM configuration.
The Redmi 12 5G brought a total of 3 variants which are 4GB RAM+128GB Storage, 6GB RAM+128GB Storage, and 8GB RAM+256GB Storage. There is UFS 2.3 so the storage efficiency is fantastic.
Battery & Charging
As for the power supply, the Redmi 12 5G has brought a 5000mAh massive battery in the phone that contains full-day lasting performance. There is also an 18W fast charger in the box that allows you to charge your phone fast.
There is no wireless charging support and no reverse charging support, but the wired sharing capability is awesome as per the budget and specifications.
Sensors & Security
The Redmi 12 5G placed a side-mounted fingerprint sensor on the power button to give you the compatibility of locking and unlocking your phone by touching it. Apart from that it also brought wifi 802.11, Bluetooth v5.3, an Infrared port, a gyro, an accelerometer, a compass, Virtual proximity sensing & GPS, etc.
For security reasons, there is support for necessary locking features like password lock, swipe lock even the most useful fingerprint lock.
Price & Offers
Redmi 12 5G price will start at Rs 11999 for the base variant 4GB RAM+128GB storage while you have to pay 13999 for the 6GB RAM+128GB Storage. The peak variant 8GB RAM+256GB storage is priced at Rs 16999.
The Redmi 12 5G Chinese variant is priced at CNY 1463 for the base variant CNY 1563 for 6GB RAM+128GB storage and the peak variant 8GB RAM+256GB Storage variant priced at CNY 1763
Pros & Cons Fact at Redmi 12 5G Review
Getting aware of the pros and cons fast of the device is very useful and helps us to get a quality product. Here we have shared the pros and cons fact of the Redmi 12 5G mobile based on Chinese & Indian variants.
- The Redmi 12 5G comes with a premium design and great user experience.
- it features a 6.79 inch larger display with a max 90Hz excellent refresh rate
- The phone allows us to play light games and enjoy movies also
- It comes with MIUI 13 based on the Android 13 operating system so that you can enjoy its latest features.
- The Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 (4 nm) will give you a smoother gaming experience even it will help you to do your office work also.
- The Max clock speed captures at around 2.2GHz so that you can play PUBG/BGMI also on low settings.
- There is a maximum of 256GB OF onboard storage so you never feel an overflow of your storage.
- You can use an external micro SD card on this phone.
- The Rear 50Mp camera allows you to shoot great moments.
- The side-mounted fingerprint sensor works fast and reads the original fingerprint within nano-seconds.
- There is a massive 5000mAh inside the phone that allows you to use your phone last the day.
- There is a 6.79-inch larger camera but it supports a 90Hz refresh rate only and should support a 120Hz refresh rate to enjoy a more powerful user experience.
- There are only two camera setups on the back side including wide camera and depth sensors, missing the macro sensor that helps you to do more.
- There is shared card support means, you have to sacrifice dual-sim card and micro SD card support at the same time.
- The max-clock speed is 2.2Ghz only should be improved up to 2.4Ghz so it can give you great performance
- Both camera setup allows you to shoot 1080p video at 30FPS only, which is very disappointing. Should be supported up to 60FPS at least.
- Gyro Sensor is currently not confirmed, but I hope that it will be available because it is very useful for gamers.
- The Redmi 12 5G brings a 5000mAh powerful battery but the charger is only 18W which takes more than 1 hour to charge this phone fully. Should be improved!
Is Redmi 12 5G Is A Gaming Phone?
You can play lite games in Redmi 12 5G Mobile but it is not the best phone for competitive gaming. When you install Asphalt or PUBG Mobile on this phone, it can’t run the game properly and as a result, you can see heavy lags in the phone. So if you are looking for a competitive gaming phone then you should make distance of this phone. However, this phone is good for lite gamers or those who want to enjoy music, videos normal photography/ videography, or more like this.
Is Redmi 12 5G Waterproof?
The Redmi 12 5G is protected with IP53 Rating Protection means it can be safe from water splash and dust only but you can’t swim or take a bath with this phone or you can’t leave this phone underwater for more than 5 minutes. Yes, it is waterproof but IP53 stands for only normal water splash and dust.
Will Redmi 12 5G Support HyperOS Update?
Yes! Xiaomi’s latest UI skin HyperOS can be updated in the Redmi 12 5G mobile including the 12r Model. You can download and install HyperOS on this phone after the official update. You can find the HyperOS Eligible Device List Here.
If you are waiting for my personal opinion on that? I like a gaming phone for multi-purpose use because it can handle so many application and software requests at the same time frequently & the Redmi 12 5G is not a gaming phone, but it doesn’t mean that the phone is not good!
The phone is fantastic as we compare its performance and its budget! I suggest that if you are not looking for a gaming-level phone, then you can go with this!
There is no better phone in this range in terms of premiums, efficiency, performance & battery quality. But Gamers Should be making distance with this phone because currently there is no confirmed news about gyro availability right now!