These days, short reels are incredibly popular, and almost all social media platforms have adopted this trend. Reels, for example, were added to Instagram a few years back and have since become incredibly popular. However, a noteworthy privacy concern has surfaced. Instagram just made it possible for anybody to grab Reels from public accounts, which could cause privacy concerns for its users.
Your Reels are now accessible to anybody to download if your Instagram account is public. According to Adam Mosseri, the CEO of Instagram, this download option has been accessible in the US since June 2023 and is currently available to all users globally.
Prior to Instagram’s direct addition of this capability, users had to use other tools in order to download Reels. The individuals who originally uploaded the Reel may have privacy concerns, even if this might make it safer for those who are preserving the little movies.
How to Download Instagram Reel Without App
You can choose to restrict who can download your videos from Instagram, even though this feature is enabled automatically for all public profiles. At the time of each Reel’s upload, you have the option to disable downloads for your Reels. To do so, adhere to the instructions listed below:
- Tap “Next” in the bottom right corner of your phone’s screen.
- Tap “More Options” at the bottom.
- Scroll down and tap “Advanced Settings.”
- Find the “Allow People To Download Your Reels” option, and disable the toggle if you don’t want others to download your Reels.
- Decide whether you want to enable or disable the download option for all your videos or just the one you’re currently uploading.
- Tap the back button in the top left corner and then press the “Share” button at the bottom.
Instagram has turned this feature off automatically for users who are younger than 18. Furthermore, Reels can only be downloaded if they are recently uploaded through a public profile. Your older Reels cannot be downloaded from the Instagram app if you haven’t enabled the setting to make your entire profile public. On the other hand, TikTok’s Share menu offers the ability to download videos.